- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 09:58
The information stock of published documents
Geological information presentation:
- provides scientific geological information to specialists and disseminates the relevant geological information to the public. According to the main subjects of geological investigations compiles information stock of published documents and supplies the geological information to the general public, State institutions, Lithuanian and foreign organizations of geological sciences. The sources for compilation are Lithuanian and foreign publishers and suppliers, information centres, libraries, foreign geoscience organizations (buying, exchange on the basis of cooperation agreement and acquisition as a present);
- informs specialists about the news in geological sciences and legal documents on a regular basis;
- provides the necessary information fulfilment of the thematic and factual requests and traditional method of supplying the relevant information found using various means of search;
- collects bibliographical records for an electronic catalogue and for bibliography of Lithuanian geology the sub-system „Bibliofondas” database in UNIMARC format. 744 bibliographical records supplemented the sub-system „Bibliofondas” database in 2012. On December 31, 2012 the stock stores included 13 157 records (http://www.lgt.lt →Paslaugos→Informacinės rinkmenos→Informacinių sistemų duomenys→Posistemiai→Bibliofondas);
- compiles information from the Lithuanian press: collects the articles (bibliographical records) about Lithuanian geology from newspapers and journals;
- provides and distributes the publications of the Lithuanian Geological Survey to general public, State institutions, Lithuanian and foreign organizations of geological sciences. 701 copies of various LGS publications were distributed in 2012.
The information stock of published documents according to the main subjects of geological investigations (general and regional geology, hydrogeology, mineral resources, engineering geology, oil geology, environmental geology, geochemistry and geological mapping) lies on the basis of the stock of published documents, which was established in 1940 and continued its completion in 2012.
The stock of published documents includes:
- 7600 copies of books (monographs, encyclopaedias, dictionaries, atlases),
- 459 titles (613 copies) of proceedings of conferences and symposiums, etc.,
- 198 titles (7707 copies) of periodical and continuous publications,
- 2433 copies of normative documents,
- 419 titles of maps,
- 67 CD, video films.
The information stock of published documents in the Lithuanian Geological Survey is open to Lithuanian and foreign specialists and general public. The most recent scientific information on geological and environmental sciences and other subjects is available at:
Phone.: (+370 5) 233 15 35